The main first aid post on the airfield will be located next to the Bar Marquee and Hangar. During the day (up to 6pm) there will also be a manned first aid post next to Event HQ, see the Airfield map for locations.
The nearest Accident and Emergency facility is
Lincoln County Hospital
Greetwell Road ,
Lincolnshire, LN2 5QY
Nationals 2017 Safety notices.
The safety officers and marshals hope you have a fantastic and safe weekend, please help us to ensure your safety and enjoyment by working with us and taking notice of any instructions. We are there to help you. We have a zero-tolerance for abuse of marshals (they are all volunteers) and you will be removed from the airfield if you abuse them.
Please take note of the following information.
DO NOT CROSS ANY BLUE ROPES YOU WILL BE ENTERING LIVE AIRSPACE!!!
Every year we have a number of people who do this, it causes a great deal of disruption as we have to ground up to 3 flight lines until we have removed you.
Driving and Parking.
- The highway code applies to all areas of RAF Barkston Heath
- Observe all posted speed limits
- Motorcyclists must wear helmets
- Park sensibly and considerately
- Do not park in camp site fire lanes
- Do not leave dogs unattended in vehicles
Evening Free Flight
- Aircraft must only be launced from the clearly marked “launch zone”
- Only those launching should be in the launch zone
- Spectators must remain upwind of the launch zone
- Ensure your aircraft is properly trimmed before the event
- Listen to the advice of the marshalls
- Abuse of the marshalls will not be tolerated, anyone doing so will be removed.
- Do not sit in the free flight area
Evening 2.4GHz Electric flight lines.
Weather permitting we will be operating 2 evening flight lines, the “Rotorcraft” line will be where the fun fly competition is held. The fixed wing flight line will be where the Pylon racing is held. Please bring proof of BMFA or equivalent insurance.
Andy Symons Safety Officer.